Hey guys! I meant to post sooner than this. Really, I did. I want to follow a more consistent schedule on YHG. I write everything the night before … and meant to do this Sunday night, to publish yesterday. But then Golden Globes/Amy Poehler and Tina Fey/quality time with my man friend/sleeping got in the way. It was a perfect Sunday. So I really don’t feel that bad for being MIA.
But I’m here today!
I’ve been preparing for my teaching my first Zumba class. How am I feeling, you ask (I’m pretending you asked)? One word: terrified. Well, two words. I’ll add sore to the equation.
Here’s the part of the program where I spit out all my thoughts and fears:
- I can’t remember the last time my muscles didn’t hurt. I like DOMs. I really, really do. But jeez. Before I started working on this, I always had a tight IT band. Now, I’d like it surgically removed (probably not my wisest decision). I both love and hate my foam roller. Pain.
- I miss strength training. Since I’ve been going so hard with Zumba (cardio CENTRAL, ladies and gents), I haven’t been lifting at the gym at all. In fact, I’ve hardly been to the gym, since I spend so much time prancing around my living room to Latin music. I sincerely wish I could strike up a better balance … but I feel the need to dedicate all of the time I use for fitness to choreographing. And I can’t ask my body to do anymore than what I already do in one day. Frustrating.
- Further to that, I agreed to start taking a weekly spin class with a coworker. He recently had a heart attack and is so anti healthy anything. I want him to live a long life, and think exercise is a great first step to achieving that (hopefully the junk food and cigarettes will go away soon, too). I encouraged him to sign up for a class he could see himself taking … and he asked me to take spin with him. I’m pretty sure he thought I was going to say no, and that way he’d never actually have to take the class. SUCKS TO BE HIM, right? So anyway. I’m adding even more cardio to the mix. Wahhhh I want weights back.
- I’m scared of failure. Simply put, I’m afraid I’ll suck at instructing.
- I’m scared I’ll get in front of the class and forget the entire hour’s worth of steps.
- I’m scared I don’t have enough time left to prep and my brain/body/soul is going to melt into a giant heap and I won’t be prepared.
Yes, that’s the current state of the inside of my brain. Thanks for letting me spit that garbage all over you