The five simple pleasures rocking my Monday:
1. How great Saturday was. I spent Friday night at my parents house, so I woke up and got to see them before they headed off to a million meetings and events like they usually do. Then I had coffee with friends. Then I had dinner with friends. Then I went to Pitch Perfect, and then saw even more of my favorite people. Fantastic day.
2. I have today off (let’s be real, this post was scheduled … I’m definitely not out of bed yet). I worked close to a 15 hour day yesterday, so I get the second part of my weekend today! I’ll be watching every terrible daytime talk show you can think of. I may even turn on The View just so I can yell at Elisabeth Hasselbeck. But probably not
3. I finally got back to the gym on Saturday! I took 8 days off, due to my nasty ass cold. It feels goooooood to be active again!
4. My favorite Canadian football team (diehard fan … my family has season tickets) clinched a playoff spot. Wham bam thank you ma’am.
5. Wholly Salsa. I tried the roasted tomato flavor this weekend. There’s so much garlic in it (win!) … and no ingredients that are a million letters long and full of z’s and q’s. Real ingredients! I put it on some scrambled eggs for breakfast. SOLD.