I’m baaaaaack! I hope you enjoyed the guest posts on the blog the last couple of days. I knew those ladies wouldn’t disappoint!
My weekend was amazing. My best friend is now married and I’m so incredibly happy for her and her new husband … I’m awfully fond of him as well, obviously I got very little sleep all weekend long, drank a lot of wine, and danced more than I ever have before (that was a difficult record to break, but I did it!). Bridesmaid duties = complete! I’m so happy to have been part of the celebration. I also don’t know if I’ve ever felt so happy because I was happy for another person (does that make sense?). I’m growing up, guys.
And taking yesterday off? Quite possibly the best decision I’ve ever made. It was really the only day I’ve taken off all summer, and I spent it being lazyyyy. I woke up at 10AM, but sure didn’t roll off the pillow until well after 11AM. I didn’t get to the gym (I will FINALLY get back there today after an almost week long hiatus). I watched countless episodes of trashy television on MTV’s website. I didn’t brush my hair.
It was awesome. I’m so glad I decided to take a break!
While I was lounging on the couch in my PJs, I made a list. I do that, remember? These are things that I’ve realized about myself lately:
- I miss the Price Is Right. When I was at my friend’s house before the wedding, we watched the show while prepping decorations. How great was that show? Especially on days when you stayed home from school. Am I right?
- I sing in grocery stores. I’ve come to this realization over the last couple of months, and continue to catch myself doing it. That ambient music gets me everytime. And I am a terrible singer. Sorry, fellow shoppers.
- I can’t sit down in front of the couch with a bag of mini carrots and not eat the entire thing.
- I have a bad habit of not getting to the grocery store when I run out of vegetables. I always think I can “make do” for a day or two without the green stuff. But if I run out of peanut butter? I practically sprint to the store. #priorities
- I’m in mourning. The first season of The Newsroom is over. I NEED IT BACK. I’m too emotionally invested.