I love you.
Like, really love you.
I’m so happy this day is here. Weeeeeeekend time! Here’s what is fantastic on this Friday:
- I taught my first Zumba class this week. IT WENT SO WELL. I pinky swear/cross my heart promise I will write a post about it for Monday. I was so happy with how the class went. Everyone was smiley and sweaty by the end of the hour. Plus, I have coworkers in it. One of them was so sore the next day, stairs were the enemy. I get sick joy out of that (insert evil cackle here)
- I get to sleep in tomorrow. And Sunday. I might nap all Sunday afternoon, too. It’s a pretty easy weekend for me. Zero complaints. I feel like my eyes have been half open since Tuesday.
- I leave for Phoenix in a week! Bye bye, chilly Canada. Hello, warm Arizona.
- A friend of mine and I are trying a new drive-in restaurant tonight. Burgers, shakes, fries, deep fried pickles. I like the sound of it. Alllllll of it. A nice way to kick off the weekend, I must say!
- Another great way to start off the weekend? By going to a play with my boyfriend! I like supporting the local arts, so we’re heading to a smaller scale production. I hope it’s good! I’m a theatre junkie.
What’s making your Friday fantastic? I want to hear it!
I’m a very good listener. #brag
It seems as though my friends tend to choose me to tell their problems to and ask me for advice. My living room has seen a lot of boy drama discussions and bottles of wine (or vodka).
I love that my friends come to me for stuff like that (and I do my fair share of complaining and bitching to them, believe me!). I like listening to them.
Recently, I’ve taken listening to a different level. My iPhone still goes off consistently with texts from my girlfriends (and the occasional lost guy friend), and I listen away. But lately … I’ve been listening more carefully to my body, too.
I’m usually pretty good at that. But I just feel like I’ve been more in tune lately. Does that make sense? My body is running the show.
I know this because … I didn’t set my alarm on the weekend. And slept until 11AM on Saturday and 11:30AM on Sunday. Granted, I had later nights. But I usually force myself to get out of bed and get the day started, regardless of what time I hit the pillow. My body wanted more sleep, I gave it more sleep. And you know what? I still got everything accomplished that I wanted to.
I know this because … I’ve been hopping on the treadmill and just going until I want to stop. I never do that. I’ve been pushing myself all over the gym, because my legs just want to keep running and my arms want to keep lifting. Feels great.
I know this because … my chin is covered in acne. Yes, my body truly is in control ugh.