Blog consistency? Not my forte, apparently.
I am still alive.
I haven’t been posting or commenting very much lately. I’ve been busy (blah, blah … you’ve heard it before). Life has been really great lately, though! I just wanted to check in and share with you I have a big deadline at the end of this week, and A LOT of work to do on the TV show I’m producing. I’m thinking I will be working at least 10 hours a day this week. Uh ohhhhhh. But here’s some of the highlights in my life, since it’s been quite a few days since I’ve posted. Don’t you just love knowing random tidbits (pretend like you do)?
1) I saw Trouble with the Curve. Oh my goodness. Loved it. It was the perfect balance of sports/romance/family drama. Plus, Justin Timberlake. Go see it.
2) I have a facial appointment after work (before I head back to work for some overtime action). I pity the poor woman who needs to get up in my grill. My face is a disaster. Blackhead central (TMI?).
3) My grandma gave me a container of banana bread and pumpkin loaf. Breakfast just got so much better.
4) One of my favorite people is getting married on Saturday. I can’t wait for the wedding/to see a bunch of people I haven’t seen in a long time. Is it the weekend yet?
5) I did a bunch of weighted squats (into shoulder presses) at the gym on the weekend. My legs haven’t hurt like that in such a long time! Missed that feeling.
6) Dexter is back on TV.
7) There’s only one week until Thanksgiving! Turkey and potatoes and pie, oh my!
That’s it. I know you’re overwhelmed with the fabulousity of this post and want to know so much more. I’m sorry. I’ll just have to leave you hanging Have a wonderful day!
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Mine was great – the perfect mix of adventure (my Friday road trip and tenting it that night) and relaxation (I got 8 hours of sleep Saturday night plus a midday nap). A great balance of wonderful things
Here’s some of the things I’m lovin’ today:
- Bath and Body Works candles, specifically my chocolate mint one. It’s my favorite! I’m a candle freak, all year round. I had six lit in my apartment last night!
- Dallas Smith. He’s the former lead singer of Default (I was obsessed with them in Junior High), and is now a country solo artist. I’m in love with the entire album, but especially Shotgun and The Song That’s In My Head.
- Kammie’s post from Saturday … “The Mental Nature of “Fat” Days”. Since I had bit of a busier weekend, I wasn’t as up to date with my Google Reader as usual, but I AM SO GLAD I decided to click on this post yesterday afternoon. It’s such a wonderfully honest post. I recommend reading it!
- The Olympics! Duh. I love how the event unites the entire world. What’s your favorite event? I’m not sure I have one particular fave, but I spent a lot of time watching beach volleyball and swimming yesterday.
- My Costco membership. Remember how I got one for my birthday? I finally redeemed the gift certificate for it a couple of weeks ago and it’s probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me. *Side note: the woman at the Customer Service desk asked me if I was fifteen years old when I asked to begin my membership. I look young. But not that young, I don’t think!
- There’s a new frozen yogurt shop in my city. Down the street from work. Like, a 5 minute walk. Dangerous.
Enjoy your Monday! What are you lovin’ today?
Things I’ve realized:
1) After spending hours in my car this weekend to drive to and from a bridal shower, I can say I’m incredibly excited for my best friend’s wedding next month. Us bridesmaids know how to have fun (and so does the bride!).
2) I think I need to sleep for 3 days straight to try and catch up. Lately, I seem to have two late nights in a row and then a free night. I crash so hard on my free night that I don’t end up moving in my sleep and have a sore back to deal with when the alarm clock goes off.
3) 17 Again was on TV last night. I still love that show. Yes, I’m 22.
4) I’m looking forward to getting back to the gym this morning. I went quite hard last Monday … and had serious DOMS in my legs and didn’t go back all week. I could have trained other parts of my body. I didn’t. So I had a 7 day break, and this week will be different. I’m starting things off with a run and some upper body work today!
5) I’m just all about the lists on Yellow Haired Girl lately.
6) I want it to be Friday already. Whoops. I have a crazy busy week (with a lot of work related driving each day!), but have Friday off again. I need it to be that day. I have exciting things planned!
7) I can’t stop eating sliced turkey breast, usually in my breakfast egg wraps. Delicious. Now I want to eat one. Immediately.
8) My latest TV show? Mad Men. Thank you
baby Jesus Netflix. I’m really, really fresh into it … but I already love it!
Okay, enough with this morning’s list. What’s up guys?! How was your weekend? Tell me something
I love to grocery shop. Seriously, it’s one of my favorite things to do. It probably looks like I’m wandering around aimlessly, off in La La Land, but really I’m just enjoying myself. Sometimes I even wear my earbuds (usually to avoid screaming children) so I get even more out of the trip.
And while I love to grocery shop … there’s one thing that really, really irks me. Once I hit ALL FOUR stores (!!!) that I frequent on a grocery mission, haul bag after bag after bag after bag into my home, put it all away and collapse on the couch … I start a new list.
I always have a list going. I turn on the Food Network, and realize I forgot cottage cheese. Flip open one of my magazines featuring a recipe, and see that I accidentally crossed off hot sauce when I hadn’t actually put it in my cart. IT’S SO FRUSTRATING.
This is a short post. But it’s something that bugs the HELL out of me.
There’s no way I’m alone on this (or maybe I am?). Do you make a new list as soon as you get back from the grocery store? And how many stores do you visit in one shopping trip – is four too many?
And now I will leave you with this because posting without including pictures feels really strange. If you got all riled up reading this like I did writing it, you will need to calm down. Here:
Better? Yeah, me too.