Yesterday was my first official day back to work after the holidays. Key word: official. I had gone in a couple of different times during my Christmas break to get caught up on stuff. I hate myself for being one of those people. But really, it was unavoidable. Work is insane.
I’m beginning to realize what the next month looks like for me. BUSY. I have a crazy amount of work to do at my full time job … and have my Zumba class to prep (my first class is February 5th). I feel like it might be a little bit of a struggle to keep my head above water, but I think I can do it.
I’m one of those people who needs to tell everyone their resolutions/plans/secrets in order to get something accomplished. So today, I’m using YHG readers to keep my cool. Here’s how I plan to deal with my very full plate until the middle of February:
1) Remember I have people to lean on. I can call my friends, my family, my boyfriend. If I keep my stress and anxiety inside of me … I will blow up.
2) Write it out. I have a blog for a reason!
3) A social life is important. I know my brain is going to try and feel guilty every second I’m not dancing around to Latin music in my living room or editing video at the office … but I need to remember that meeting friends for coffee or going to a movie is important. I will go insane if I limit myself too much.
4) Be organized. I need to schedule my time. I need to shut off Facebook and Twitter and focus. I lose precious time at work (especially when I’m in the office after hours) by logging in. If I cut that out, I’ll be more productive.
5) Look at the little picture. Step by step. I know I have a crap ton + even more work to do. If I accomplish it inch by inch, I’m less likely to get overwhelmed than I would be by looking at everything that needs to be done.
6) When these six weeks from hell are over, I’m going to Phoenix with my family. If that isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel … I don’t know what is
What else should I keep in mind to keep from losing my cool? What do you do when you’re in the middle of crazy, stressed out times?
Have a wonderful day!