*Just so you know, I am using today’s post as a way to decompress and unload all of the excess thoughts floating around in my brain*
- Thank the heavens above for ice cubes. I am not ordinarily an ice cube person (like ever), but I have been going through almost an entire tray per day. I love letting my glass of water getting all condensation-y and chilly. Perfect for this Satan weather.
- I think I gave myself a head cold from sitting in front of my fan for too many hours this week. I feel like the circulation of the same air over and over again plugged up my head. So strange.
- A friend of mine who I rarely see (I’m talking ’bout choo, Kate!) is coming into town to visit tonight. I can’t wait to see her crazy face. We’re going out. I can’t wait to take over the dance floor with her (I think my regular readers have picked up on the fact that I’m a dancing machine). I’ve missed her!
- I have a mini family reunion tomorrow, like I do on this same weekend every year. All of my Dad’s brothers and sisters (there’s six in all) camp together with my grandparents and we have a great time. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone! I love catching up.
- I have been working my ass off lately. Like, so hard (hence the fact that my posts have been irregular and my commenting on other blogs has been almost nonexistent). I have banked around 40 hours of overtime in the last few weeks. We had a technical problem at work this week (which really screws life up), and I ended up going home at 2:00 yesterday afternoon because I couldn’t do any of my regular tasks. It was a blessing in disguise. I took a much needed nap. But I hope things are back to normal today.
- I don’t understand how there can still be such a lack of healthy options in this world. It’s so frustrating. I attended a media luncheon this week for an event launching in my city. The menu contained fried chicken, potato wedges, deep fried pickles, deep fried mac and cheese (I can’t lie, it was delicious), and a chocolate fountain for fruit. Crazy! There was a spinach salad, but that was the only color on the entire buffet table. Baffling.
- Through a series of events, I wound up with a hole in the knee of my favorite pair of jeans a few weeks ago. Sad news. I know you know what I mean. So I was forced to name another pair of pants (a nice pair of black skinny jeans) as the new #1 pair in my closet. Guess what? I spotted a hole in them yesterday. My life is falling apart
- I want this shirt:
- Funny story. It’s dancing related (see one of the other random thoughts listed above). Last weekend, I won a dance contest and I didn’t even know I was in one. A guy I know and I were dancing at the local country club — two stepping, my absolute favorite — and we were informed after the song ended that we had won tickets to an upcoming country music festival. We were just doing our regular thing! The usual spins, dips, steps, etc. We were surrounded by lots of other couples and they awarded us the tickets. That’s how good I am
- There’s practically nothing in my fridge. I have one sweet potato, half a carton of chocolate almond milk, garlic, half a can of corn, egg whites and the regular assortment of spices/condiments. The selection is slightly larger in my freezer/cupboards, but the moral of the story is that I need to get to the grocery store. I’m hoping I can get there Monday. I’m going crazy without eggs or Greek yogurt. Or cheese!
- I’m starting to become pretty proud of my legs. They’ve never really been a source of self-love for me, but I’ve been working them harder and I can see results. I ran one mile on an incline last night and then did a hilly 5 mile bike ride. I can feel them getting stronger and I’m loving that!
Whew. I think that’s enough for one day. Thanks for letting me unload all of the craziness taking up valuable brain space! Anything on your mind you want to let out? Anything on your chest? It’s like blog therapy, folks Whatcha got going on this weekend?