The five simple pleasures rocking my Monday:
1. How great Saturday was. I spent Friday night at my parents house, so I woke up and got to see them before they headed off to a million meetings and events like they usually do. Then I had coffee with friends. Then I had dinner with friends. Then I went to Pitch Perfect, and then saw even more of my favorite people. Fantastic day.
2. I have today off (let’s be real, this post was scheduled … I’m definitely not out of bed yet). I worked close to a 15 hour day yesterday, so I get the second part of my weekend today! I’ll be watching every terrible daytime talk show you can think of. I may even turn on The View just so I can yell at Elisabeth Hasselbeck. But probably not
3. I finally got back to the gym on Saturday! I took 8 days off, due to my nasty ass cold. It feels goooooood to be active again!
4. My favorite Canadian football team (diehard fan … my family has season tickets) clinched a playoff spot. Wham bam thank you ma’am.
5. Wholly Salsa. I tried the roasted tomato flavor this weekend. There’s so much garlic in it (win!) … and no ingredients that are a million letters long and full of z’s and q’s. Real ingredients! I put it on some scrambled eggs for breakfast. SOLD.
I don’t know what it is … but I am just a big ol’ happy freak of nature these days. I visited this a little while ago on the blog (remember here and here?). I’m annoyingly smiley at everyone. #sorrynotsorry
Not that I’m not usually a happy person. But my positivity has just been kicked into high gear over the last few months. I’d like to pinpoint a reason … but I just can’t. Maybe I’ve started realizing the fantastic things in my life? I have a great job, absolutely amazing people around me and good health. I’m a lucky duck!
I spotted this quote online a few days ago. I had to share. It’s now the background on my phone … a nice little reminder to keep up the smiling
Have a wonderful Tuesday!!
Hey guys! I’m just super duper fantastically happy today. And have been the last couple of days. I’m not totally sure why, but I’m thinking maybe it’s because Glee is back?
Or because there was a pot luck at work yesterday where the main theme was carbohydrates (this girl likes her pasta). I brought a salad. It was the only veggie on the table Balance is key, am I right?
Or maybe because it’s Friday?
Or … possibly because I had a kick ass day at work yesterday with an overwhelmingly positive evaluation from my manager? Like, awesome.
I don’t know the reason. But I know I LIKE IT. I’m outta here, with a huge smile on my face Enjoy your day and your weekend!