You know what? I’ve been extraordinarily happy the last couple of days. Remember last Friday’s post? When I was a smiling fool? Yeah, I’m still like that. I like this trend. Not that I’m not usually a happy person … but it seems tough to wipe the smile off of my face
Some of the things making me smile lately are totally simple. Simple pleasures > a lot of things. Like:
- Tic Tacs. I bought a container this week. It’s been years. I actually thought “wow I love these” when I popped a few into my mouth. Minty fresh joy.
- Either my headphones magically got better or some shows play louder on Netflix than others. Sometimes I have a rough time watching episodes on my iPhone while running on the treadmill … but NOT WITH MAD ABOUT YOU! Yes, I’m obsessed. I mentioned this the other day. I love how fast my runs fly by when I get to laugh at 90′s sitcoms.
- Songza. Best app ever. Check it out. Trust me on this one, guys.
- I was walking to the gym yesterday, and an old man was on the sidewalk with a friend of his. He stopped their conversation and waved at me. I waved back, said hello, and asked how he was. He responded with “I like friendly people like you!”. It absolutely made my day.
- I love Glee. We’ve talked about this before, too. I liked every.single.song. on the show last night. Britney 2.0? Genius. I wish Glee clubs existed when I was in high school (I like to think I sound good enough to join one … I do not, but a girl can pretend).
- Someone told me I have a big, warm heart this week. Hearing that made it grow four more sizes.
- I’m going shopping tomorrow with a friend of mine and then for Thai food. And then … the most exciting part of all? I am going to be on my couch in sweatpants by 10PM. Not going to the bar. Not drinking. I’m going to have all of my friends call me super boring, and I’m so incredibly okay with that. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is hosting Saturday Night Live. Sign this girl up!
- The trailer for Pitch Perfect. I can’t wait to see this movie!
I love spreading all of my annoying positivity with you at the end of the week Tell me what has you smiling lately!
Enjoy your weekend!