Monday is a crappy day. After riding that wonderful weekend high, who honestly wants to go back to work? Not this cat. Ever.
But today, I’m choosing to find reasons why this Monday will be fabulous. It can’t hurt to kick off the week with some positivity, right?
So here’s another one of my lists. I live my life through lists (seriously, I write at least three per day).
1. I have the least busiest work day that I’ve had since 2013 began. I don’t know how my brain is going to handle it … but it will probably be a welcome change.
2. The Biggest Loser is on tonight (and yes, I’m still obsessed with this season’s child obesity theme).
3. I have leftover quinoa and lentils in my fridge. That means I’ll get to make a lunch that will keep me full until dinner. That’s rare, ladies and gents.
4. After doing a full upper body/cardio workout yesterday morning + 1.5 hours of Zumba class prep last night, I’m taking a rest day today. And I’m going to love every minute of it.
5. A big reason why I’m going to love today’s break? I HAVE A MASSAGE APPOINTMENT AFTER WORK. I’m so so so excited. I’m a massage junkie, but haven’t been able to make time for once since (I think) November. After having a not so great experience last time with my usual girl, I’ve found a new massage therapist who I’ve been told will “beat me up”. A coworker said she almost cries when she sees her!! I NEED THAT. I don’t like soft, wussy massages. I need some pressure. My shoulder blades, calves, and IT bands are screaming at me … and have been for weeks. With all of the extra work I’ve been doing for Zumba + the increased stress at work lately, I can’t wait to unwind during those 60 minutes. Is it 5:15 yet?
6. How I Met Your Mother is also on tonight. I like my Monday night TV shows, okay?
7. And … there’s only five days until Friday. That can be on this list, right?
What’s going to make your Monday great?