Hey guys! I’m in the midst of helping prepare for my BFF’s wedding … it’s almost here! I was at her and her fiancee’s house last night, and now we’re on our way to the location of the ceremony. It’s going to be a busy day, but exciting. I’m stoked for tomorrow’s festivities! The wonderful Alyssa has written a fabulous post for you today. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I’m going to need to remember these tips
Hello to all of you fabulous Yellow Haired Girl readers! I’m Alyssa and I blog over at Fit and Fun in Third. I’m a newlywed 3rd grade teacher who loves a sweaty workout, a salad the size of my head, a glass (or two) of wine and a great dessert! I try to balance it all while keeping myself fit and having fun along the way!
I was thrilled when YHG asked if I would write a guest post for you guys while she is off enjoying (what I’m sure will be) a fun wedding weekend! Thinking about “wedding weekends” got me thinking about this past spring when I was in 4 different weddings within 2 months.
To say that I needed to get myself “back on track” after all the wedding festivities would be a understatement! With each wedding came a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, a rehearsal dinner & of course, the actual wedding. That basically means that for 3 months straight I was “indulging” every single weekend.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the occasional treat…
… but a girl can only handle so many of these “treats” before she begins to feel the effects, am I right?
So how can you get back on track after falling off the wagon for a few months??
- Quit boozing your face off. During those crazy couple of months, I was enjoying way too many drinks on Fridays, Saturdays, and even Sundays. It needed to stop. As tough as it was, I started saying “no” to all the cocktails and “yes” to water or club soda. If you are like me, when you drink, you snack… and this helped curb that! Don’t get me wrong, after a tough day in the classroom there is nothing like a good glass of wine to help de-stress, but every night? No, thanks!
- Cut back on the sweets and processed carbs! Having an indulgent dessert once every couple of weeks? I’m all for it. Having it twice or even three times in one weekend for three months in a row? Someone’s clothes were getting tighter, and that someone was me!
- Weekend sweat sessions. When you are busy all weekend long with wedding related activities, it’s tough to get in a good workout. Sometimes it happens, no big deal. But when it started becoming a habit, I knew it needed to change. During the week, I workout almost every day, but now, I make sure to get in at least one good weekend workout on top of that!
- Get enough fruits and veggies! I know, I know… who wants to eat a ton of fruits and veggies while you are out celebrating a wedding? Even just a little bit makes a big difference, though! Eat your veggies first, and you’ll be naturally less hungry for the not-so-healthy stuff!
- When all else fails… get out on that dance floor. If your like me, your weight fluctuates every now and then. Accept it. Realize it’s not forever. Enjoy yourself and your surroundings!
I’d love to see you all on my corner of the internet, and of course, I hope YHG has a wonderful weekend of fun!
How do you get “back on track” after you find yourself slacking in the health department?