Sorry. That’s not a very appetizing post title. I hope you’re not eating. But word vomit is exactly what you’re going to get from me today. I have so many random thoughts piling up in the ol’ brain … and I’m sharing.
You get a random thought! You get a random thought! You’re all getting random thoughts!!
1. My Thursdays seen much emptier without Grey’s Anatomy on TV. Anyone else? Even if you’re not a regular viewer, you have to admit that not seeing this face on a regular basis would make you sad, too:
2. If my legs were required to write this post, you’d have no new content to read on here today. I went to spin last night (after enjoying my first class so much). Ouchie. But it hurts so good. I’m looking forward to making this part of my regular routine.
3. The reason I felt so inclined to get my butt to spin yesterday was due to my lunch. Now, I’m not one of those people who will indulge and then think I have to bust my butt to work those extra calories off. That’s just not how I operate. But I skipped yesterday morning’s scheduled workout because I wanted an extra hour of sleep. It happens.
Then lunch hit.
We have a large annual summer fair where I live, and the media luncheon I was covering detailed the entertainment acts, rodeo, rides, etc. The whole community gets really hyped about it. The menu yesterday? Entirely fair food. Corn dogs. Burgers. Nachos. Pizza. Mini donuts. Sundaes. I don’t think there was anything that had any type of nutritional value, except maybe the lettuce in the taco salad. Oh, and cotton candy! All the stuff dreams are made of After eating, I felt
pretty extremely gross. So I wanted to get a little active last night. Spin was definitely the answer!
4. I won a giveaway on Julie’s blog yesterday! Very cool. I shrieked when I saw the post at work. I rarely win anything!
5. HOW GOOD does a fresh haircut feel?! I’m naturally blonde but got a little livened up yesterday, plus had the ends trimmed. It’s amazing how the removal of such a small amount of hair can make you feel pounds lighter. Am I right?! Best (fake) weight loss plan out there
6. I started reading 50 Shades of Grey the other day. Yeah, I see what all the hype is about. It’s bananas. I’ll leave it there. Have you read it?
7. Some of the search terms that have been used to find my blog lately are hilarious. I had to share some of my favorites:
“look at me i’m a jumble of insecurities” (sounds a little like a T Swift song)
“passed out blonde lady” (I wasn’t aware I drank that much)
“killed for meat” (ummm…)
“what does the mocha cookie crumble frappuccino feel like going down your throat” (that’s rather specific and makes me uncomfortable)
and the absolute best one…
“when im home alone i spray my hair green and and get a orange spray tan and pretend im a carrot”.
8. I downloaded John Mayer’s new album the other day. I haven’t had much of a chance to listen to it yet, but I did put my headphones on while doing some research at work yesterday afternoon. I wasn’t concentrating very hard on the lyrics, of course … but there were definitely a couple of beats that caught my attention. I’ve missed John. I’m glad he’s back. Although I feel like he’s trying to morph into Johnny Depp a little more everyday. Right?
Ahhhhh! I feel much better, now that’s all out in the open. I have much more brain space available to fill up with things like what I’m going to order for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant tonight, and how late I can get myself to sleep in tomorrow morning.
You know, valuable information
Enjoy your weekend!