Four food things from the last week:
1. I’m going to find whoever invented Red Velvet ice cream and kiss him/her square on the mouth. Seriously. After working quite late on Wednesday night, my coworker and I went to a local Marble Slab and I had it mixed with crushed up Cadbury Mini Eggs (I love when they arrive in stores!). Life changing. And the girl who was scooping my ice cream apologized because I ordered a small and she had made me a medium. Sweetie, I’ll get over it. And she charged me for a small. I should have kissed her square on the mouth. Hahahaha.
2. I made a modified version of Julie’s Pumpkin Protein Pancakes for lunch yesterday and they were wonderful. I was out of cottage cheese, so I used Greek yogurt instead (because, let’s face it … I’ll use that stuff whenever I can) and omitted the honey. I’ve had pancakes on the brain lately, and these definitely scratched that itch.
3. I cooked my very first batch of bulgur on Tuesday. I’d read about it before, so the last time I was in Bulk Barn, I filled up a bag. I’m going to need to experiment further … I just used it as a spaghetti substitute and topped it with organic spaghetti sauce and nutritional yeast. Delicious! Have you ever tried bulgur?
4. Remember how I mentioned that a friend of mine and I try out a new restaurant every week? We like to go to locally owned places, and with cuisine we’ve never attempted. Tonight’s pick? Caribbean! I’m excited.
Three TV shows I watched last night:
1. Grey’s Anatomy. I know a lot of people have kind of given up on this show after recent seasons, but I’m still in there like swimwear. I love the drama, the medical cases that are brought through the ER … and have you seen some of the faces they put on screen? Of course I’m still watching
2. Jersey Shore. Talk about going from one extreme to another. Wow. Those faces, on the other hand … not as pretty (grenades, bro!). I’m ashamed I’m one of those people who watch this “reality” show. After a busy work day, I can’t help but sit my butt down and laugh at Snooki’s antics and Deena’s stupidty. Sometimes mindless entertainment is the best kind of entertainment. Last night was the season finale … and with Snooki expecting … I don’t know if there will be another season or not. And I’m inappropriately disappointed about that. Do you watch J Shore? It’d be reassuring if you told me you did
3. The Office. Again, a lot of people stopped watching after the last season. I can understand that. I don’t know what my deal is, but when I start a TV show … I feel a need to stick with it. I’m one of the only people on the planet still watching Two & A Half Men. And it’s really not that good! Maybe I should take this level of committment into other areas of my life? Hahaha. While The Office isn’t quite the same without Michael Scott (I was such a fan, how could you not be?!), I still appreciate the humor. And John Krasinski is one of my favorite actors ever ever ever.
Two = the number of very sore feet I had after work yesterday.
The beautiful, but deadly, culprits:
One article I read this week that I love:
I came across some information titled Save the Planet 1 Smoothie at a Time last night on the Vega website. I never used to make smoothies, because I was under the assumption that something I had blindly deemed a “liquid meal” wouldn’t fill me up. Did I have my facts wrong or what? Yeesh. Now I head out the door with a smoothie in my hand at least three days a week – and they often fill me up more than any other option I could try. After reading this article, I realize that smoothies are not only fantastic for my body … but it made me realize just how great they are for the planet as well. If slurping back a protein-packed concoction lends a helping hand to the environment, count me in!