What IS it about Mondays? Seriously, yesterday was terrible. I swear I just had one of those days where if something can go wrong, it will. And yet yesterday was more of the same. When I get stressed, I clench my jaw and hunch over (I must look SUPER attractive). The tension builds down into my neck and upper back. So…I’d give my right pinkie toe for a shoulder massage right now. Any takers?
Here’s hoping the rest of the week gets better!
I’m relatively new to blogging on Yellow Haired Girl – and thought we should get to know each other a little bit better. I understand it’s probably pretty tough to identify with me, seeing as I am writing this anonymously. So here’s fifteen facts about yours truly:
1. If it was a healthy thing to do, I’d eat pasta every single night of the week. You think I’m kidding. Fettucini, linguine, spaghetti, macaroni … you name it, I love it. I should’ve been an Italian.
2. I have naturally blonde hair (hence the blog’s name), but I amp up the “blondeness” every once in awhile. Read: I get it done.
3. I don’t like cats. I think they’re cute … I think they’d be great to cuddle with … but I won’t do it. I used to have an allergy to them, and while I don’t anymore, I just can’t do it. They give me the creeps. I feel like they stare into my soul. Plus their little claws snag my clothes.
4. I have three holes in each of my ears, and I used to have my nose pierced. I took the nose stud out last year (funny story: I had just been dumped by a very long term boyfriend, couldn’t stop crying … so the damn thing wouldn’t stay in my nose!). I miss it sometimes, especially because there is a tiny little dent left on the right side of my schnoz.
5. I went to school for and now currently work in the media. That’s one of the reasons I’ve chosen to keep this blog anonymous (believe me, this whole “non pictures of me” thing sucks but I’m adapting). I used to work in radio, but I work in television now. I love love love my job.
6. A girlfriend of mine and I like to try out a new restaurant every week. It can get expensive, but I like to set aside money for it because it’s one of my favorite things to do. In the last few months I’ve tried Guatemalan, Korean, and Afghanistan restaurants. Some people are scared of new food – not this girl! I’ll try anything once.
7. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher. For years. I was one of those students who just knew … and I was adamant about it forever. It wasn’t until high school that broadcasting became an idea for me. Once that idea popped into my brain, I ran with it. No regrets! I do think about teaching every once in awhile, though. Maybe when I get bored of the media I’ll teach what I know to some college kids? It’s a thought.
8. This is my second shot at a healthy lifestyle blog. I had (and loved) my last one, but I was using my personal Twitter to promote it. After being hired in the media, I didn’t want to blur the lines between my professional/personal life. I lump blogging into my personal life, so I let the old blog slide away. That sucked … but I’m glad I’ve been able to start this one and connect with some wonderful people in the blogosphere! I’m looking at you
9. I’m Marilyn Monroe obsessed. I have portraits all around my home. I was given drink coasters with her face on them. I’ve read the biographies. I know countless quotes. Love. Her. I’m just fascinated by all things Marilyn.
10. Yellow Haired Girl = Farm Girl. I was born and raised on my parents farm, and lived there until I was 20 (I’m a city girl now). I helped feed the animals, I had my own livestock, I wore coveralls and gum boots. We had cows, sheep, dogs … even llamas and donkeys! I loved being on the farm, and I learned valuable lessons that I think I never would have if I’d been raised in a city.
11. I’m one of those weird freaks who enjoys public speaking (see item 5). I get a little bit of a thrill out of standing in front of a group of people and having them pay total attention to me. Well, it looks like they are anyway and getting nervous in front of a crowd is important to me, too. I know I’m not going to be on my game if I don’t get a little shaky or my palms don’t get sweaty. If I’m calm … chances are I’m not going to be very good. Strange, right?
12. My DVD collection (which is almost exclusively musicals and chick flicks) is alphabetized.
13. I’ve never been on a tropical vacation. I’ve been to Disneyland, but I don’t count that. I’ve never flown to an island or Mexico or anything … yet I think about laying on a beach with a cold drink at least once a day.
14. I used to be one of those people who made fun of others who “unplugged for the evening”. Ha! Now I realize how crucial it is to step away from the computer, put my cellphone on silent and hide it under some blankets, turn off the TV, and do some serious book readin’. It’s helping to keep me sane. And it’s probably better for my eyes too
15. My coffee table always has magazines on it. As I glance over to it now, I see a Shape magazine, a Fitness magazine, a Cosmo mag, and a Victoria’s Secret catalogue. Whoa nelly. I need to stop buying those. I have a Shape subscription (thank you, parentals) … but that’s a lot of cash disguised as magazines just chilling in my living room.
I feel like you should probably know me a tad better now … but I want to hear from you! If you could eat one meal every night, what would it be? What did you want to be when grew up? Do you have a favorite magazine?