Hey everyone! I hope your Monday has started off on the right foot. As much as I hate to head back to reality, I’m alright with it today because I had such a great weekend. I went bowling with friends Friday night, did a little karaoke with my boyfriend (not something I would usually do … but it was so fun!), had a lazy Saturday morning with some eggs benedict (my favorite breakfast), and caught up on some much needed sleep yesterday.
Bring on the week!
Today’s post is brought to by the little thoughts floating around in my head. Here’s what happening upstairs lately:
- Does anyone else think Girls on HBO is getting strange? Don’t get me wrong, I still really like it. But sometimes I’m just like … whoa.
- I want to start cooking with ingredients foreign to me. You know, step out of my comfort zone. I made a pot of mung beans to add to my pre made salads for the week. That’s a first step! Have you tried cooking with anything “new to you” lately?
- After this week, my Zumba classes will be half over! What?! My students had to preregister for the eight week session. I can’t believe it will be over soon! And then I guess I cross my fingers that I get hired back for another eight weeks …
- I have a big inkling to try shirataki noodles. I guess this could kind of go along with cooking new things. I’m so intrigued!
- I know it’s so two months ago, but I can’t stop listening to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Thrift Shop. I couch danced when they performed on SNL this weekend.
- I want spring. I want cute sandals and dresses and no jackets and longer days and walks outside. Mother Nature had a complete emotional breakdown yesterday and it snowed heavy. I’m ready for this to end. Soon!
- I still need to see Safe Haven. I’ll probably go to the theatre by myself (and bawl, because it’s Nicholas Sparks and that’s required behavior). Have you seen it?
- I signed up to do a Color Me Rad 5K this summer! It’ll be my first race, even though it’s not competitive. I’m excited!
That’s enough word vomit for one day enjoy your day!